Sunday, March 29, 2015

Last Week's Food: Lonsdale Street Roasters and Gelatissimo

Welcome back to the new segment of Last Week's Food!

I've been upping my photos skill for this segment and took time to edit it a little bit so it looks prettier than what it actually is. So, here we go:

Last Sunday, a friend of my friend came to town for a visit. She wanted to go to places that is very Canberra so we took her to Lonsdale Street Roasters/Eatery!

Lonsdale is a street in Braddon, ACT, where you can find many people hangout at nights and weekends at heaps of cool cafe and eatery. There are a lot of choices for food around the suburb, from vegan to all-meat, Asian to French, outdoor or indoor, you make the decision. 

For brunch last week, I opt for the classic grilled/roasted salmon and eggs Benedict with corn bread. If you're worried about the small portion size of cafe's foods, don't be. You get plenty at Lonsdale Street Roasters. As you can see you get 2 blocks of salmon belly, a big corn bread, and 2 eggs Benedict. It was yummy and soo fulfilling. 



Lonsdale is famous for its coffee. Sadly, I did not order it last time. My friend did but I forgot to take a picture of it. It smells delicious, though!

Instead of coffee, I ordered a chai latte (my go-to drink). Look at this gorgeous glass of chai latte. Also, check out the little spoon! There is a mini vintage car at the end of the spoon. A great attention to detail. 


The cafe is also pet friendly. There are many people bringing their dogs to enjoy the breakfast with them. However, I'm not sure if there is a special food for the pets. Anyway, this is one of the greatest cutest dog we saw that day. I think that's a great dane? Or a Dalmatian? Anyway, it was bigger than the table and so calm and super adorable. 


The rest of the week was not that special in terms of food. I spent a lot of time in the library doing assignment so I did not take pretty pictures. Also, the food wasn't that special.

But I got some vouchers of buy-1-get-1-free Gelatissimo and decided to use it. You know, college kids mentality. Wherever discount is present, we are there. It's been such a long time since I had Gelatissimo. As per usual, I bought the classic chocolate flavour gelato and it was heavenly. (Sorry the cup is dirty, I was half way eating)


Anyway, that was a look back of the food (with better quality photos). Sorry it was only from 2 different place but hopefully you guys enjoy this post! x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...