Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Easy DIY: No-Sew Phone Case

 I was scrolling through Buzzfeed yesterday night and I found this article about easy no sew DIY projects. I have been wanting to do some DIY projects since I am still on my Easter Break procrastinating (as per usual). I decided to do one of the projects: Duct Tape Phone Case.

I follow the steps from this original article. The steps are all written clearly with pictures along the way to make sure that you can follow easily and correctly.

Here are the main materials that you will need:

  1. A piece fabric of your choice. You can even use your old clothes or a blanket, make it more cosy and sentimental. You will probably need about 20cm x 25cm but it all depends on the size of your phone
  2. Duct tape. You can use the usual ones but the pattern and colour duct tapes are a lot more fun to see.
  3. Scissors
  4. Stapler
  5. Velcro


And these are just in case you need it: fabric glue and glitter tape


I'm not going to bore you with the steps because that would also be plagiarism. Not really, I just don't think I can do any better explaining the steps than the original article did. So you should really check the link out!

I did mine in about 2 hours and though it is not the best, I am really pleased with the result! It looks cute outside and the inside.


It is a little bit too big for my phone but I am glad that I made it a little bigger. I think I can use the extra space in the pouch to carry earphones, cards or some money when I am in a hurry. 



One thing to know is that this case is in no way will protect from bumps and falls. This is more of a pouch that it is a case. If you fancy it, you can also add some wrist or shoulder strap to it. Also, it is quite hard to keep the velcro in place on the duct tape side for me. The fabric glue did a good job on the fabric side. However, the duct tape side does not really work with fabric glue. I ended up stapling the velcro to keep it firm then use the glitter tape to hide the staples. It looks good as an accented point as well!

Don't forget to try this for yourself. It is insanely easy and appropriate for kids project (with adult supervision). Also, the result is lovely!

CRAFT!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...