Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pentax P30

For my birthday two years ago, I decided that I would get myself a present. If you've been following this blog for quite sometime, you know that I like film photography. Not necessarily good at it, but I love it.

So, I browse eBay for some secondhand camera deals. Before that, I have only used point and shoot film camera, like Holga, Sprocket Rocket, or La Sardina. Also, I did not really understand the method of manual photography. However, I really really want to learn. And what better way to learn the basic by going to basic a.k.a. analog photography. I won a Pentax P30, a manual SLR camera from 1980, for quite a low price and was so excited to start my adventure with my new lover.



The thing that bugs me the most was the lens. From the auction, I got a 28-70mm zoom lens and it is super heavy, making it hard for me to bring the camera around. I wanted to buy a prime lens but for the good quality lenses, the price was not cheap. I decided to wait, since I would feel really bad if I use my parents' money to buy things that is not related to education or basic living.

Last summer, I got my first job and decided to splurge my first wage for a SMC Pentax M 1:2 50mm lens! Just in time since the zoom lens apparently has some fungus on it. Since then, I've started using my Pentax P30 (which I sometimes refer to as Penty-Pee-Titty, don't ask why) as much as I can do and learning more.

Anyway, here are some of my favourite pictures from Pentax P30 test roll:

The 28-70mm zoom lens...

*some statue around Canberra Repertory Theatre 3, Acton*

*ANU School of Art, the (only) good looking building on campus*

*wall mural, ANU. I love how the sun expose the eyes and the top half of the face, bringing out the emotion of the piece*

*Testing macro mode*

SMC Pentax M 1:2 50mm lens...

*My favourite part of my room where I put up pictures from high school all taken with film camera. The lens is very good in low light and the bokeh is pretty lovely too*

*Testing it out the lens for the first time*


Those are some of my favourite pictures from the test roll. I'm really impressed with the prime lens quality and definitely do not regret the slightly pricy purchase. Share your film or analog photography story, or let me know what you think in the comments below!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...