Sunday, March 23, 2014

The 1st Quarter of 2014

Inevitable procrastination blogpost!

Here are some things that happened to me in March 2014! :D

One of my best friends, Anita, and I used to have the same classes on our first year. Sadly, this year, we're taking different courses so we can't see each other a lot during the week. So, we arrange catch-up lunch every two weeks on Friday for us to chill and stuff.

The picture below was in February, I think. The sky was a bit grey and gloomy and it was windy. We were sitting down in one of the ovals around campus, chatting and watching the Japanese play softball. That was our view.

We also heard a man playing bagpipe so we decided to walk to the source of the music. We found a man playing bagpipe by the river. It was so unexpected yet peaceful at the same time.


Then, my hall had a commencement dinner. It's a formal welcoming party held every year by each colleges. Ours was in Australian Institute of Sport. This year, we actually sat down and had dinner and it was way better than the year before.

Because it's a formal event, we had the chance to dress up a little bit and looked all fancy-like.


I also was given the opportunity to be one of the committee member of Konferensi Internasional Pelajar Indonesia 2014. The event went great, I met lots of important and soon-to-be-important people and made lots of new friends. This is my first ever conference and it was great to sit down in the room and listen to people's presentation. I got the chance to be in the Politics and Culture sub-theme (but as a committee so I just sit down and make sure everything runs according to schedule) but it was great to hear new ideas and discussion. We also had workshops and seminars and a closing lunch event in KBRI and everything was so much fun.



The committee, participants and important people in Balai Kartini, KBRI. 


Then, right after KIPI finished, I had potluck night with church choir peeps. We ate some delicious food, yummy and beautiful dessert that Tiffany made, and played board games until 1AM in the morning. We played Catan, which was voted the best game of 2013 or 2012. But, it was the most confusing game ever and I don't understand a thing. Good thing I was in a team with JJ, who know it so well and we won :)

We also played Taboo which is waaaaayy better than Catan and it opened our eyes to the other side of each other's mind. We ended the night watching weird videos on YouTube.


And, that's the highlights so far!

I have assignment due in a week that I haven't started and mid-semester exam in 2 weeks that I haven't prepared.

So, yeah, work hard play harder and wish all of us (me and you) bunch of luck!


Want to earn money and gift cards by playing apps?
Download FeaturePoints on http://featu.re/C9Q23Z and enter the referral code: C9Q23Z
Thanks, guys! x :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...