Saturday, December 28, 2019

End of Year Stream of Consciousness

Well, guess who's back, your old buddy here.

It has been a three long year hiatus from this blog and a lot has happened in the last three year. Do not be afraid, I will not bore you guys even a little bit with a three year recap since that's just going to be way too long to do.

It's another end to a year, an end to another decade, which translates to another opportunity to do the good old stream of consciousness. Let's get into it and see if I can still write a coherent blog post after a long break like this one.

I guess one of the reason why I just stopped writing for a while is because I don't know what I want this page to be. This blog has been a brain-dump for the most part and I was perfectly fine with that. I did try and look outside, to see what the blogging community are doing. I did try to steer my blog in one specific direction to another but none of them worked out. I guess I just never had that much interest in what I thought was on the market of popular blogs. In the words of Marie Kondo, none of them 'sparked joy', hence I let it go.

So I thought, 'Hey, maybe it's okay to just use this as a brain dump'. I have always been a private person, even in my personal life. Things are really just for me, my immediate family and my closest friends. I don't like sharing my life's details to anyone, let alone a blank canvas like the internet. I re-thinked my decision of using this as a brain dump, on how I can use this blog as a platform to express myself, while at the same time somehow producing content that other people can enjoy.

Throughout the years, I've made a decision to cut down my time on social media. The whole show-and-tell mentality of the social media world has been affecting me in ways I didn't realise it could. The whole thing has been hard. I definitely would not say that I have succeeded, in any way. I went through little highs and troughs of stopping and just dumping myself into it even further than the last time. I guess this is one of my new year's resolution for this year, I've just arbitrarily decided. Resolution #1 2020: Spending less to no time on social media.

Well then, since we're thinking of new year's resolution, I might as well just run through with this.

Resolution #2 2020: Manage my time better.

Resolution #3 2020: Stop whinging and start doing real shit.

Resolution #4 2020: Improving my mental and physical health.

We will see how this goes.

Hope all y'all have a lovely end to the year and the decade, and a great start to another!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...