Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Oh Sylvia...

I was chilling in this very comfy bookstore, looking around to find what's on store today. I came across this book that I wanted to buy which is a published diary of Sylvia Plath. She was one of the greatest female poet/writer ever and was Ted Hughes' wife. I found out about her in my Self Study Lit class because we were studying Ted Hughes and touched a little bit on hers too.

From the very first entry, you can get the feel of her style of writing and everything and you can tell right away that she is a writer, a great one. She graduated from Smiths College, summa cum laude. In the entry I read today (in the beginning of the book), I read this inspiring sentences that I would like to share to the world...

The present is forever, and forever is always shifting, flowing, melting. This second is life. And when it is gone it is dead.

I wish you all a great present :) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...